Free invisible hit counter ProfShade: Puppies, Bitches and War

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Puppies, Bitches and War

I was dating this woman back in the early seventies. She was quite the hot chic, as us freaks would say back then. At any rate, no matter what I did for her, no matter how hard I tried, she never seemed pleased, but I just kinda waggged my tail and licked her face anyway. I guess, given the restrospective critical analysis that only an old fart day-dreaming about his past can achieve, if I'd just treated her like crap once and a while maybe I'd have gotten some respect. Because, you know, there's no pleasin' some women. Yeah....it's kinda like that.

BBC NEWS: Middle East Troop increase may spur Pentagon critics:
"US forces will go up from about 138,000 now to 150,000 at the time of the election - that will be the highest number yet, even more than actually invaded the country last year. That in itself could reignite the debate over the planning for the post-war environment in Iraq and whether the current strategy for dealing with the insurgency is working.
Many in Congress have long argued that there haven't been enough US troops in Iraq. "

...on second thought, maybe it was the licking-the-face-part that did me in....