Free invisible hit counter ProfShade: Who's Your Grammy?

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Who's Your Grammy?

Yeah, so Grammy nominations are coming out today, and as usual, I ran through the list to confirm that, yes, indeed, I really am a tired old fart because I do not even recognize 2 out of 20 of the nominees. This year it's Elvis Costello and Ray Charles. That's it. Everything else is a pure, unbridled mystery to me. But even when I followed popular music closely I had a freak's disdain for this sordid popularity contest; in my mind, if you were nominated for a Grammy it signalled that you'd sold out, were no longer cool, not worth a listen. So maybe I've never really been in touch, but will someone tell me if this is the result of untreated gonorrhea or just another Swedish rock band?

And whatever happened to Abba?